Armenian Marytrs' Memorial
Armenian Marytrs' Memorial
For Email Marketing you can trust
to 22828 from your phone!
Message and data rates apply
View Larger Map
To see where our visitors are from
Visit BrainyQuote for more Quotes
Armenian Radio Hour
Sundays 9:00am to 10:00am
The Armenian TV Station
Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church Prayer and Memorial Cards
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18
I am pleased to announce the start of a new outreach ministry at Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church this fall. It is the launch of the new Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Prayer Card. The sending of greeting cards to friends, family, colleagues, acquaintances and neighbors is an age old tradition in America. Now, rather than a generic greeting card to offer sympathy or a get well card, you have a Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church Prayer Card sent on your behalf. Prayer cards for healing, bereavement or special occasion (thanksgiving, birth, graduation...) can be sent by the church on your behalf. The card will have the name of the person for whom prayers are offered and will notify the recipient of your intention. Each card can be requested from the office, on-line or on Sundays by filling out the simple request form with a minimum donation of $10.
I believe that this will be a blessing for our parish and will serve as a great outreach to your friends, neighbors, acquaintances, colleagues and people with whom you associate and to show them that they along with their loved ones can and are remembered in the prayers of the Armenian Church.
Let us pray fervently knowing that God hears the prayer of the righteous (Proverbs 15:29)
May you be remembered before the Holy and Immortal Lamb of God.
Memorial Prayer Card
Words of consolation and the offering of prayers for the deceased are an ancient and pious custom of the church. If you have neighbors, acquaintances, co-workers or friends who have suffered the loss of a loved one, Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church will, by your request, send them cards on your behalf, stating your prayer intention. Memorial prayers will be offered during the celebration of the Divine Liturgy for the deceased. It will contain your name and the name of the person for whom you are offering prayers, and the date when the prayers will be offered in church and will be sent to the family or person that suffered the loss, identified by you on the request.
Look for the request form available soon in the vestibule and on-line.
• Memorial Prayers will be offered to God at the Holy Table during the Divine Liturgy by the Pastor, Fr. Shnork Souin.
• These prayers can be offered for deceased friends, neighbors, co-workers, associates, colleagues and anyone with whom you may be acquainted in order to express your care and prayers.
• These prayer cards remind people that their loved ones are remembered by you and in the prayers of the Armenian Church.
• The office of Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church will send the card in your name and on your behalf to the bereaved family.
• Memorial prayers are not made on Major Feast days but offered on the date that you request or on the nearest Sunday to the date of your request.
• Memorial prayers will be said inaudibly by the priest in his private or silent prayers during the Divine Liturgy unless a Hokihankisd Memorial Service is also requested separately.
• These prayers can be said for anyone who is deceased regardless of their faith or ethnicity.
• The name of the deceased and the name of the one requesting prayers will be published in the weekly Lighthouse bulletin.
Healing Prayer Card
• Saints Sahag and Mesrob Healing Prayer Card Prayers can be requested for any relative, friend, co-worker, neighbor or acquaintance whether they are part of the church family or not.
• The person for whom prayers are requested will be remembered by name during the Divine Liturgy.
• A Prayer Card will be sent to the person for whom prayers are being offered with special prayer of healing by the church office.
• These prayers can be requested for any Sunday of the church year.
• The name of the person and the one making the request will be posted in the Lighthouse bulletin on the day of the prayer offering.