Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Orthodox ChurchWelcome to Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church. We are a parish located in the heart of Providence Rhode Island on Smith Hill whose beautiful Armenian Style Cupola crowned with an Armenian Cross which is illumined with a blue light, is overlooking route 95 on the corridor between Boston about an hour north and New York City about two hours south west. Our parish worships according to the ancient apostolic traditions and adheres to the Orthodox confessions and councils of the early church as handed down by the apostles and fathers of the church. She is a parish which has served the community for over a century and serves the spiritual, cultural and social needs of the congregation which has become more and more diverse form its immigrant roots following the Armenian Genocide. She is composed of younger and senior faithful, immigrants and children form for to five generations of Armenian Americans and converts who have been received into the ancient faith of the Church of our Lord Jesus among the Armenians. Please consider joining us and worshipping with us next Sunday. Services begin at 9:30 am and full English translations of the liturgical services are cast on two 72 inch HD monitors to insure a wholly edifying and coherent spiritual experience at the celebration of the living and life giving Holy Supper of our Lord at the Divine Liturgy. Prayerfully with great hope and love, Fr. Shnork, Pastor Fr. Shnork’s Mission Statement My mission is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ according to the holy apostolic teaching, practice and doctrine of the Armenian Church in order to equip the parishioners of Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church with faith, hope and love, to live and to serve as members of His Church in a wholesome Armenian Christian Family. Services and Ministries
- Divines Liturgy: HERE at 10:00am
- Our weekly CULTURAL HOUR (Friday evenings at 7:30pm or when scheduled)
If you cannot join us for services live because of distance or because of pandemic, please watch live every Sunday beginning at 9:15am (Morning Service broadcast starting at 9:30 before the Badarak/Divine Liturgy “Mass”)
Fr. Shnork’s latest sermon and other parish video events:
For my Blog, click: “Out of the Depth’s of my Heart”
Fall/Holiday Bazaar on November 6 – ONE DAY ONLY
Menu Items can be ordered live and in-person on the 6th and can be made in advance via our easy on-line menu for pick-up (take out or eat in)
Pre-Order Your Festival Meals Here
Do you want to offer prayers and send a message? Why send Hallmark when you can send the BEST?
- SSMAC Prayer Card Ministry – Request form to be sent with donation-min. $10) : Click here
Armenian School – Saints Sahag & Mesrob (armenianchurchri.org/hyetbrots) – Re-opening in the Fall Sunday School – Saints Sahag & Mesrob (armenianchurchri.org/sundayschool) Re-opening in the Fall
Bible Study – Tuesday Evenings at 7:00pm. – Bible Studies – send an email to Fr. Shnork and ask to be invited to Bible Study. You’ll get links.
- Contact Fr. Shnork to receive the link to the online Zoom meeting. You will need to download Zoom Meeting app on your computer or other smart devices/phones in order to participate.
- Friday Evening at 7:30pm – Cultural Hour on Facebook Programming includes Meet the Doctors, and Culture, music, history, dance etc. streaming via Facebook/ZOOM.
- Der Shnork’s Youtube Station
(If you use Amazon, and want to support our ministry, please consider converting to www.amazonsmile.com and choose “Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church” as a beneficiary)
- Divine Liturgy – Streamed via Facebook Live Sundays 10:00-11:00 AM
- Check weekly digital LIGHTHOUSE BULLETIN, and parish emails for links to virtual ministries
- Virtual Bible Study – via Zoom led by Fr. Shnork (all are welcome)
- Outdoor Home Blessings – Note: If you would like us to visit your home please contact Fr. Shnork at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The office is now open on Fridays from 10-2pm. However, please call anytime at 401-272-7712 and we will return your call.
- Baptisms and Funerals can now be served in the church with limited seating only and baptisms by “special” consideration. (Please speak directly with the pastor, Fr. Shnork