Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Orthodox ChurchWelcome to Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church. We are a parish located in the heart of Providence Rhode Island on Smith Hill whose beautiful Armenian Style Cupola crowned with an Armenian Cross which is illumined with a blue light, is overlooking route 95 on the corridor between Boston about an hour north and New York City about 2 hours south west. Our parish worships according to the ancient apostolic traditions and adheres to the Orthodox confessions and councils of the early church as handed down by the apostles and fathers of the church. She is a parish which has served the community for over a century and serves the spiritual, cultural and social needs of the congregation which has become more and more diverse form its immigrant roots following the Armenian Genocide. She is composed of younger and senior faithful, immigrants and children form for to five generations of Armenian Americans and converts who have been received into the ancient faith of the Church of our Lord Jesus among the Armenians. Please consider joining us and worshipping with us next Sunday. Services beigin at 10:00 am and full English translations of the liturgical service are cast on two 72 inch HD monitors to insure a wholly edifying and coherent spiritual experience at the celebration of the living and life giving Holy Supper of our Lord at the Divine Liturgy.
My Mission StatementMy mission is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ according to the holy apostolic teaching, practice and doctrine of the Armenian Church in order to equip the parishioners of Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church with faith, hope and love, to live and to serve as members of His Church in a wholesome Armenian Christian Family. Prayerfully with great hope and love, Fr. Shnork, Pastor
NOTE: GO LIVE every week
- Divines Liturgy: HERE at 10:00 AM
- Our weekly CULTURAL HOUR (Friday evenings at 7:00pm or when scheduled)
If you cannot join us for services live because of distance or because of pandemic, please watch live every Sunday beginning at 10:00am (Morning Service broadcast starting at 9:30 before the Badarak/Divine Liturgy “Mass”)While we are still in a state of Pandemic and dealing with lifestyle modifications, our church and community has been very busy and active with prayer. Christian education and outreach. Services and the distribution of the sacred mysteries of Holy Communion, Baptism and Marriage are now being offered with extreme care and caution with everyone’s safety in mind. DURING PANDEMIC
- Note: Use of mask and hand sanitizer is mandatory-please bring your own.
- The elderly or those who are frail or symptomatic should stay home and stay safe.
Fr. Shnork’s latest sermon and other parish video events:
For my Blog, click: “Out of the Depth’s of my Heart”
Services and Ministries
Do you want to offer prayers and send a message? Why send Hallmark when you can send the BEST?
SSMAC Prayer Card Ministry – Request form to be sent with donation-min. $10) : Click here
Armenian School – Saints Sahag & Mesrob (stsahmes.org)
Sunday School – Virtual Learning on Sundays at 11:30am. Saints Sahag & Mesrob (stsahmes.org)
Bible Study – Tuesday Evenings at 7:00pm. – Bible Studies – send an e-mail to Dn. Michael and ask to be invited to Bible Study. You’ll get weekly links.
- Contact Dn. Michael to receive the link to the online Zoom meeting. You will need to download Zoom Meeting app on your computer or other smart devices/phones in order to participate.
- Friday Evening at 7:30pm – Cultural Hour on Facebook Programming includes Meet the Doctors, and Culture, music, history, dance etc. streaming via Facebook/ZOOM.
- Der Shnork’s Youtube Station
(If you use Amazon, and want to support our ministry, please consider converting to www.amazonsmile.com and choose “Armenia Fund USA” as a beneficiary)
- Divine Liturgy – Streamed via Facebook Live Sundays 9:30-11:00 AM
- Check weekly parish emails for links to virtual ministries
- Sign up for our e-mails (follow the “subscribe” link ).
- Virtual Bible Study – via Zoom led by Fr. Shnork (all are welcome)
- Outdoor Home Blessings – Note: If you would like us to visit your home please contact Fr. Shnork at email@example.com
- Book Study – “Mere Christianity” – via Zoom Led by Dn. Michael Sabounjian
- The office is now open on Fridays from 10-2pm. However, please call anytime at 401-272-7712 and we will return your call.
- Baptisms and Funerals can now be served in the church with limited seating only and baptisms by “special” consideration. (Please speak directly with the pastor, Fr. Shnork