About Our Church
Christ is Risen from the Dead.
Blessed is the Resurrection of Christ.
Prayer of Intercession
Christ, you crown your saints with triumph and you do the will of all who fear you, looking after your creatures with love and kindness.
Hear us from your holy and heavenly place by the intercession of the Holy Mother of God and by the prayers of all your saints, especially the holy martyrs who brought their lives to completion for faith and for the homeland during the great Genocide, whom we commemorate today. Hear us Lord, and show
us your mercy. Forgive, cancel and excuse our sins. Make us worthy thankfully to glorify you with the Father and with the Holy Spirit. Now
and always and unto the ages of ages. Amen.
Fr. Shnork Souin, Pastor
Fr. Shnork’s latest sermon: Click here
- To be included in On-line Bible Studies please contact Fr. Shnork to receive the link to the online Zoom meeting. You will need to download Zoom Meeting app on your computer or other smart devices/phones in order to participate.
- Sunday/Armenian School and Meet the Doctors, are also streaming via ZOOM.
- Fr. Shnork’s Sermons, and messages are found at
- Der Shnork’s Youtube Station
Dear faithful of the Armenian Orthodox Church,
Christ is Risen from the Dead! Blessed is the Resurrection of Christ.
Welcome to our “virtual face” and thank you for your interest but also for your patience, courage and prayers in these difficult times. We hope and pray that this page will be a source of information about our church and her ministry. We try to keep it updated, educational and informative. Please pray for us, for the world, for those who are in the greatest need of God’s mercy and for the souls of those who are at rest in the Lord.
Christ is risen from the dead.
Blessed is the resurrection of Christ. He is Truly risen!!
Fr. Shnork Souin, Pastor
(If you use Amazon, and want to support our ministry, please consider converting to www.amazonsmile.com and choose “Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church Location: Providence” as a beneficiary)
Virtual Ministries during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Divine Liturgy – Streamed via Facebook Live Celebrated on Sundays 10:00AM
- Check weekly parish emails for links to virtual ministries
- Sign up for our e-mails.
- Virtual Bible Study – via Zoom led by Fr. Shnork (all are welcome)
- Outdoor Home Blessings – Officiated by Fr. Shnork Souin Note: If you would like us to visit your home too, please contact Fr. Shnork at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Divine Liturgy – Streamed via Facebook Live Sundays 10:00-11:30 AM
- Book Study – “Mere Christianity” – via Zoom Led by Dn. Michael Sabounjian
Our mission is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The following account was taken from the church’s 75th Diamond Jubilee booklet and was written in 1988. It covers the years 1875 through 1988. As part of the preparations for the church’s 90th anniversary this article is being update to include the past 16 years. When completed, it will be posted here.
The Armenian settlement of Providence was an extension of the Worcester community. It is said that in 1875 Hagop Boghigian arrived in America and settled in Massachusetts. He wrote to his relatives and friends in the Old Country and informed them that there were many opportunities for work in Worcester.