To make donations for the Blessing of Grapes (you could fill in special requests: in memory or in honor of someone), please click
and (write in “Grapes”
and add “in honor of…”
or “in memory of …”
if you wish)
and our Annual Festival with Great Food and Music on Saturday August 22. Please call or e-mail for your orders, name and time of pick-up. (Menu listed below.) DEADLINE – PLEASE ORDER BY AUGUST 18!
ORDER ON-LINE NOW AT:
Remember, to please join us each Sunday for regular and consistent worship as we comprise, by the Holy Spirit and Christ’s real presence with and through us, His Body!!
Fr. Shnork Souin, Pastor
Sunday August 16:
Annual Summer Festival
Please call for orders NOW! We are having a modified “picnic” Festival this year for ALL! There will be limited Socially Distanced seating but we urge you to please PRE-ORDER by CALLING NOW at 401-272-7712. PRE-ORDERS are REQUIRED.
See our limited menu for ordering. Please join us and thank you for your support and understanding.
In your message please state your Curb-side pick up time request! There will be NO FOOD LINE
DEADLINE – PLEASE ORDER BY AUGUST 18!
ORDER ON-LINE NOW AT:
UP-COMING: Sunday August 16 – Feast of the Assumption of the Mother of God and the Blessing of the Grapes – If you would like to make donations for Grapes please call or click “Donations/Other“ and write in Assumption.
- Note: Use of mask and hand sanitizer is mandatory-please bring your own.
- The elderly or those who are frail or symptomatic should stay home and stay safe.
Fr. Shnork’s latest sermon: Click here
On-line Services at Events:
Bible Study -postponed until the Fall-LOOK FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday Evenings at 7:00pm. – Bible Studies
- Contact Fr. Shnork or Dn. Michael to receive the link to the online Zoom meeting. You will need to download Zoom Meeting app on your computer or other smart devices/phones in order to participate.
- Friday Evening at 7:30pm – Cultural Hour on FacebookProgramming includes Meet the Doctors, and Culture, music, history, dance etc. streaming via Facebook/ZOOM.
- Der Shnork’s Youtube Station
(If you use Amazon, and want to support our ministry, please consider converting to www.amazonsmile.com and choose “Sts. Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church Location: Providence” as a beneficiary)
Ministries during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Divine Liturgy – While Services are now OPEN to the PUBLIC, they are Streamed via Facebook Live Celebrated on Sundays 10:00AM
- Divine Liturgy – Streamed via Facebook Live Sundays 9:30-11:00 AM
- Check weekly parish emails for links to virtual ministries
- Sign up for our e-mails (follow the “subscribe” link ).
Virtual Bible Study – via Zoom led by Fr. Shnork (all are welcome) FALL
- Outdoor Home Blessings – Note: If you would like us to visit your home please contact Fr. Shnork at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Study – “Mere Christianity” – via Zoom Led by Dn. Michael Sabounjian FALL
- The office is now open on Fridays from 10-2pm. However, please call anytime at 401-272-7712 and we will return your call.
- Baptisms and Funerals can now be served in the church with limited seating only and baptisms by “special” consideration. (Please speak directly with the pastor, Fr. Shnork
Our mission is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The following account was taken from the church’s 75th Diamond Jubilee booklet and was written in 1988. It covers the years 1875 through 1988. As part of the preparations for the church’s 90th anniversary this article is being update to include the past 16 years. When completed, it will be posted here.
The Armenian settlement of Providence was an extension of the Worcester community. It is said that in 1875 Hagop Boghigian arrived in America and settled in Massachusetts. He wrote to his relatives and friends in the Old Country and informed them that there were many opportunities for work in Worcester.